Boarding pass It is the document that justifies the possession of the ticket for which we have the right to travel by airplane. After processing the boarding pass in RyanairThis must be presented at the check-in counter if we are going to check luggage, at the security control and at the boarding gate, always together with the ID or passport.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Data and documentation to present
If you do not present any identification document with boarding pass, that is, if you cannot prove that you are the person whose name appears on boarding pass, you will be denied boarding.
The information on the boarding pass must match the valid documentation that you present, so if on the card you have chosen to identify yourself with your ID, then you will have to show that document, and the same in case you have chosen the passport.
For information about hand luggage and checked baggage at Ryanair you can consult our following articles:
Keep in mind that if you are not a citizen of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), you will also have to present it along with your visa at the visa and documentation control desk before going through the security control.
In the airport
Below we show you all the key points that you should know if you are going to travel with Ryanair and your intention is to obtain the boarding pass at the airport:
- To check-in and obtain the boarding pass at Ryanair we must contact at least an hour in advance to one of the airline's billing terminals.
- Keep in mind that this company charges a commission that amounts to € 70 for obtaining the boarding pass at the counter, except in the case of customers who contract the Business Plus class, for whom this service will be free.
- Finally, we advise you to print your boarding pass online.
Also, if you want to hire a special service or we have to check luggage, you must pay the extra fee at the time of check-in. Don't forget that Ryanair counters close forty minutes before flight departure time.
Ryanair enables this action for free from 7 days prior to the departure of our flight and up to 2 hours before. However, by paying an extra fee it is possible to check in online within 30 days prior to the flight.
Therefore, these are some of the most important aspects to consider before, during and after online check-in with Ryanair:
- It should be printed on an A4 size sheet of paper.
- We have to verify the personal data (name and surname, ID or passport, etc.), flight times and assigned seat (or selected where appropriate) before printing the boarding pass.
- If you use this means of billing, you will have to show up at the boarding gate with at least 30 minutes notice before the scheduled flight departure time.
- If you invoice online between 7 days and 2 hours before the plane leaves, you can assign yourself a seat for free.
To be able to check in online and obtain the boarding pass you must access the Ryanair website. You can access by clicking this link.
You will have to follow the steps that are indicated, such as entering the flight details, the reservation, our personal email, etc. and continue to the next step, where personal data will be provided, such as ID or passport, full name of the traveler or date of birth and expiration of the declared document.
After entering this information, we will go to the billing screen and obtain the boarding pass to be able to print it, send it to us by email or save it in PDF format.
If you have obtained your boarding pass using the option Check in online, in case of loss or deterioration of the same there is no problem for reprint it. Otherwise, if you print it from the airport, in case of loss you would have to pay a fee of € 15.
Mobile boarding pass
Ryanair has a mobile boarding pass service that is accepted at the vast majority of airports where it operates. All EU and EEA citizens have the right to obtain a mobile boarding pass, except in cases where they will be traveling to the airports mentioned above.
However, mobile boarding passes are not accepted at the following destinations:
- Roma Ciampino
If you travel to any of these airports, you will have to check in online or at the airport of origin. Anyway, before choosing this option, always make sure that they will accept it at the destination airport, even if it is not one of the countries listed above.
It should be noted that, in order to access the mobile boarding pass service, you will have to download the free application Ryanair from the Apple App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android). These is all you need to know about it:
- You will have to show your mobile boarding pass at the following points: baggage check-in counter, security controls, boarding gate and on boarding the plane. Therefore, you must carry your mobile charged and throughout this process.
- The mobile boarding pass can also be used for reservations that include multiple passengers.
- It contains the following information: 2D barcode and information about the flight in text format.
- You will receive on your mobile the mobile boarding pass once you have checked in online via the Ryanair mobile app. From the application you can see your boarding pass by selecting the option Boarding pass in the start menu.
- In the same way, you can get your mobile boarding pass even if you have already checked in online and printed your boarding pass in paper format.
Finally, if the boarding pass is not displayed well on your phone, it is most likely due to the configuration of your smartphone, so we advise you to contact the service of manufacturer technical assistance. If, after doing this, the problem persists, then you will have to print your boarding pass from the option Check in online from the Ryanair website.
This article has been shared 512 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: