Changi International Airport, Singapore (IATA Code: SIN) is the best airport in the world due to its modernity, its wide offer and the commitment and good treatment it offers to the millions of passengers who pass through there year after year.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
The airport, as its name suggests, is located in Changi, Singapore, about 20 km from the commercial area of the city and 5 km from the residential area of Tampines. Clicking on this link You can find a map of each terminal in the section airport map (information available in English).
History and current situation
Its opening took place in 1981, when it only had Terminal 1. Seven years after its opening, it obtained its first award of international recognition for Business Traveler (UK).
Soon after, the opening of Terminal 2 was necessary due to the high traffic that circulated through Terminal 1. As of 2008, Terminal 3 and the Jet Quay Terminal, which offers high luxury services.
Today it is the airport with the largest influx of passengers in the world and within the Asian continent. It is estimated that a flight departs from this airport every minute and a half. In 2013 alone, a total of 53,7 million passengers passed through Changi Airport.
What is the best airport in the world like?
It has facilities dedicated exclusively to entertainment of passengers, from a cinema and a multimedia center to a playground. It has the so-called Social Tree, which is built with high resolution screens.
Airport passengers can submit photos and videos to appear in this structure. You can also find numerous gardens within the airport, including fountains or fish ponds.
How to get
The airport is located 17 km northeast of the city center. Below we list the three means of transport with which you can easily reach the airport:
- Subway (MRT): there is a metro station inside the airport to facilitate the arrival of passengers. Therefore, there is a special metro line that goes to the airport and is called East West Line (Green color). Instead, to get from the airport to the center by metro, it is recommended to get off at the station Orchard.
- Taxi: you can get to the airport by two types of taxis: the regular taxi or the limo taxi, with a higher quality car and, therefore, with a higher price. He limo taxi can be hired in the Ground Transportation Desk found in all terminals of Changi Airport. From the airport to the city center, the journey time by taxi is 20-25min if there is not much traffic.
- Bus: bus line 36 is the one that connects the airport with the city, and vice versa. The duration of the trip between the center and the airport is approximately 1 hour. It is recommended to avoid the bus, since the subway or taxis offer greater comfort for a similar price.
If you want to sleep near the airport for whatever reason, there are two options: the hotel Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, which is next to Terminal 3, and the Ambassador Transit Hotel, which is located within the airport itself and connects with terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Changi Airport currently has four terminals: T1, T2, T3, T4 and Jet Quay CIP Terminal. The first three are connected by a monorail. Below we briefly explain the characteristics of each one:
- La Terminal 1 It was opened together with the inauguration of the airport in 1981, although it was renovated in 2007 and includes a terrace with a swimming pool and a garden that houses cacti of different species. A spa is also available, as well as a Japanese restaurant.
- La Terminal 2 it is characterized by being made of marble. Among the entertainment services offered, there is a free cinema, recreational (video games, games, 3D experiences, Internet connection ...) and a playground.
- La Terminal 3 It was inaugurated in 2008 and its design is probably the most avant-garde of all the terminals. Most Singapore Airlines flights depart from this terminal. The color green is predominant and there are several works of art distributed throughout the terminal.
- La Jet Quay CIP Terminal operates only private flights and luxury and is located next to terminal 2.
- La Terminal 4 is under construction and will replace the Budget Terminal, which closed in 2012.
The airport has hundreds of employees who are responsible for keeping in perfect state and clean the facilities of all the terminals of Changi Airport. In addition, it offers numerous free massage chairs, gym, chapel, post office, hairdressers, beauty centers, currency exchange offices, car rental ...
Of course, any area of the airport is adapted for people with reduced mobility. As to entertainment, there are numerous options for the whole family: from an aviation museum to four playgrounds, as well as entertainment rooms with video games and a music room.
Regarding the services of restoration, the options are endless; among them, you can find restaurants with food from anywhere in the world, as well as several restaurants for vegetarians.
The Changi International Airport phone is +65 6595 6868. If you wish to contact via email, you can also do so at the address: email@example.com
Airlines that operate
In what follows we show you a list in alphabetical order with all airlines that operate at the Changi International Airport, as well as the corresponding terminal:
|Air India Express||2|
|Air New Zealand||3|
|All Nippon Airways||2|
|Biman Bangladesh Airlines||1|
|Cathay Pacific Airways||1|
|Cebu Pacific Air||2|
|China Eastern Airlines||3|
|China Southern Airlines||1|
|KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||1|
|Lufthansa German Airlines||2|
|MIAT Mongolian Airlines||3|
|Myanmar Airways International||1|
|Royal Brunei Airlines||2|
|Saudi Arabian Airlines||3|
|Singapore Airlines||2 and 3|
|Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS)||2|
|Tiger Air Taiwan||2|
This article has been shared 64 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: