Before travel by airplane, it is necessary to verify if the cabin suitcase meets the indicated requirements in terms of dimensions and weight. As you know, at the boarding gate we can have problems if our hand luggage does not comply with the regulations of Ryanair. Therefore, pay attention to the following indications, where we will analyze the cabin luggage allowed in this company.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Number of packages that can be carried
- Ryanair allows one first piece of hand luggage per passenger and, since December 2013, one second piece of cabin baggage whose dimensions will be smaller than those of the first package.
- The price of the cabin suitcase in Ryanair It is € 0,00, that is, taking two pieces of hand luggage is free. However, for excess baggage at Ryanair, you would have to pay the corresponding fee as if it were checked baggage. You must respect the baggage measurements so as not to check in at Ryanair.
- Adults traveling with a baby between 8 and 23 months may bring, in addition to their own carry-on luggage, one baby bag as long as the baby travels in the adult's arms.
- Each aircraft has cabin space for up to 90 items among the packages of all the passengers on the plane.
Suitcase measurements with Ryanair
The dimensions of the first piece of hand luggage must be 55 x 40 x 20 cm and its weight should not be more than 10 kg. As for the second cabin suitcase at Ryanair, its dimensions will be 35 x 20 x 20 cm. For example, a backpack or purse would be accepted.
In the case of transporting a baby bag (when the baby is between 8 and 23 months of age and is traveling in the arms of the accompanying adult), it should not weigh more than 5 kg.
Another possible option is to buy the Ryanair carry-on, from the Samsonite brand. Its acceptance as cabin baggage is guaranteed on all Ryanair flights, since it complies with the exact measurements required by the airline. More information in this link.
Here is a list of all the items that can be transported in suitcases to travel with Ryanair:
- Electronic devices: cameras including digital ones, laptop, mobile phone, electronic agenda, tablet, etc.
- Cosmetics and personal care items such as lipstick, deodorant, liquids or gels when for medical purposes and in small quantities. In addition, these must be contained in an individual plastic bag, which will have to be removed at the X-ray control.
- Liquids, when they are in containers whose capacity does not exceed 100ml. These must be placed inside a single, resealable and transparent plastic bag, with dimensions of 20 cm x 20 cm and a total capacity of 1 liter maximum.
- Liquid medications when these are necessary during the flight without having to be placed in a transparent bag.
- Milk, milk powder, food and baby food powder if you are traveling with a baby. Also, there is no quantity limit for these items and it is not necessary to carry them in the bag mentioned in the previous point.
- Scissors when they do not have a sharp point and are made of metal or plastic.
- Toy guns, except those that are realistic replicas.
If you are traveling with a child under 2 years old, they can be transported free of charge up to two items of children's equipmentThe first being a baby stroller and the second being a booster for children, an infant car seat or a folding crib.
Baby carriages can be used until arrival on the plane ladder. During the flight, it will be transported in the aircraft's hold and will be returned to you upon arrival at the destination airport.
About the transport of liquids
Before boarding the flight, all passengers must undergo an X-ray security check to check hand luggage in accordance with regulations within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Therefore, as mentioned above, if you are going to transport liquids (gels, lotions, pastes or cosmetics in liquid format) in your handbag, they must go inside clear plastic bag, which must also carry self-closing.
The capacity of said bag must not exceed 1 liter and its dimensions must be 20 cm x 20 cm. In addition, the containers of these items must have a maximum capacity of 100 ml or less. Only one bag of the above characteristics is allowed per passenger and per journey.
These bags can usually be found at the airport. However, there are airports that do not offer them. For this reason, we advise you to get one before the flight departure date. The most common is that they are sold in supermarkets or bazaars.
These are the items that, under no circumstances, you can take with you in the cabin for safety reasons:
- Pistols, firearms or weapons in general.
- Revolvers, pistols, shotguns, shotguns, and rifles.
- Replicas of firearms.
- Components of firearms (except sighting devices and telescopic sights).
- Light signal pistols, automatic pistols and any type of pistol replica, even if it is a toy.
- Compressed air guns.
- CO2 weapons such as ball guns, industrial guns, and nail guns.
- Crossbows, catapults, fishing rifles and harpoons.
- Stunning weapons such as stun guns, electric stun guns or batons, electric prods, and laser weapons.
- Lighters that are a replica of a firearm.
- Animals that can attack people.
- Sharp or cutting weapons.
- Sharp objects, with a point or with a blade that can cause injuries (axes, knives, arrows, darts, steak knives, machetes, open razor blades, automatic knives, scissors, ninja stars ...)
- Mountaineering objects such as fasteners, iron hooks or spiked soles.
- Harpoons, spears, pickaxes and picks through the ice.
- Ice skates.
- Sabers, swords, poles, ski and hiking poles and scalpels.
- Work utensils such as saws, nails, drills, bits, pliers, spanners, torches, etc.
- Non-sharp instruments capable of causing injury such as tennis rackets, baseball bats, clubs (whether rigid or flexible), cricket, golf and hockey sticks, pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, etc.
- Flammable or explosive substances, such as detonators, fuses, explosives, mines, grenades of all kinds, gas and gas containers (butane, propane and oxygen in large quantities), matches, flammable liquid fuel (gasoline or diesel gasoline), alcohol, ethanol , aerosols or paint thinner, alcoholic beverages with a 140% graduation, etc.
- Pyrotechnic itemssuch as fireworks, sparklers, firecrackers, and explosive toys.
- Chemical and toxic substances, such as acids and alkalis, wet batteries, corrosive or bleaching substances (mercury, chlorine, gases, pepper spray, tear gas, radioactive material, etc.), poisons, isotopes for medical or commercial use, etc.
- Biohazard substances such as infected blood, viruses and bacteria.
- Liquids, aerosols and gels as long as they do not meet the requirements mentioned in point 3 of the previous section.
Transportation of special equipment
The variety of cellos, guitars, violins o violate (musical instruments considered smaller) can be transported in the cabin as long as a seat is reserved for them and the corresponding fee is paid.
For this purpose, two seats must be reserved during the ticket purchase, the first with the passenger data and the second with the following data: COMFORT SEAT in the field «Surname» and EXTRA in the "Name" field.
In this way, in boarding pass the name will appear EXTRA COMFORT SEAT to know that it is a seat reserved for an instrument. It is worth mentioning that the large family discount will not apply to this special seat.
Equipment for people with reduced mobility is transported free of charge. On the other hand the sports equipment must travel in the hold of the aircraft and a fee of £ 50 / € 50 must be paid per item per journey.
Non-compliance with the requirements
Ryanair does not allow transport animals in the cabin or in the hold of the plane, except guide dogs or guide dogs on certain routes.
If the dimensions of the travel suitcase with Ryanair exceed the dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20 cm or if the second piece exceeds the measurements 35 x 20 x 20 cm, these will be denied at the boarding gate and we will be obliged to pay the corresponding fee, which amounts to £ 50 / € 50 per passenger per journey. In addition, it will be transported in the hold of the plane.
This article has been shared 437 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: