As we mentioned in our post Hand luggage on RyanairPreparing the luggage for our trip (both the hand luggage and the one that will go in the hold of the plane) is just as important as other coordination or procedure prior to our boarding. In relation to hand luggageIn recent years, changes have been made within the regulations of what is or is not allowed in it in order to avoid any type of threat inside the plane.
Since the end of 2006, new safety rules at all airports belonging to the European Union (including Norway, Iceland and Switzerland), these are applicable to any passenger transiting through EU airports regardless of destination.
The rules are related to the restriction on the amount of liquids (or substances of similar consistency) that each passenger can carry in their hand luggage to pass the security controls inside the airport. Keep in mind that purchases made in airport stores, once security controls have been passed, are not subject to these regulations. To avoid unforeseen events, we must take into account the following:
- They are considered liquids: gels, toothpastes, lotions, syrups, soups, perfumes, sprays, shaving foams, and the like.
- All liquids must be in containers that do not exceed 100ml each (one liter in total) and they must be packaged within a self-closing plastic bag whose dimension does not exceed 20 × 20 cm. (If we have containers that exceed these measures, we must send them in the hold luggage).
- They are outside this measure food or medicine that the passenger requires for their health while on board the plane (food in case the passenger is allergic, for babies, or medicines). Whether or not the medicines are used under a prescription, it is recommended to have the sales receipt at hand in case it is requested at any of the security points.
- Si vas a take a trip with connection in the EU Please note that airport security will only allow your hand luggage the products that are properly packaged in a plastic bag that is sealed and that has the purchase receipt attached. Any other product purchased at a non-EU airport will be confiscated at the airport security points.
- Remember that these measures are applied to increase the safety of all passengers and, therefore, if you cannot place all the liquids you want to carry in your baggage, it is important that you comply with all the aforementioned security measures.
This article has been shared 40 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: