The burrito is one of the most popular Mexican foods alongside the taco. This typical dish is made up of a wheat flour tortilla that is filled with beans and roasted meat - in some cases it is also accompanied with sauteed vegetables - and is rolled into a cylindrical shape to be served.
The first records of the word "burrito" in Mexico appear in a dictionary of Mexicanisms from the nineties and where it is indicated that this term comes from Guanajuato, having as variants the cocito in Yucatan and the taco in Cuernavaca.
Within all the supposed origins of this name, there are two theories that are very popular, one indicates that it has this name because when the tortilla is rolled it takes the shape of a donkey's ear, and the second indicates that it is due to its similarity. with the shape of the packages or bundles that donkeys carry.
Ingredients to prepare Burritos
- Eight wheat flour tortillas
- Half a kilo of lamb
- Three hundred grams of cooked beans
- Juice of one lemon
- A branch of coriander
- Ground cumin, dried oregano, salt, pepper and chili powder, to taste.
Preparation of Burritos step by step
- Place the lamb meat -cut into strips-, the oregano, the minced garlic, the lemon juice, the chili and a little oil in a bowl. We proceed to place everything in a pot and let it cook until the meat is browned.
- In a frying pan we put the cooked beans to heat.
- While the beans are heating, in another pan we proceed to heat the tortillas (only with a few drops of water), and almost when we are about to serve so that they are warm (we can also heat them in the microwave for a maximum time of 10 seconds each a).
- On each tortilla, we place the meat, beans and sprinkle a little cilantro, finally we proceed to fold the tortilla in a rectangular shape.
This article has been shared 87 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: