Vueling Airlines is an airline founded in Spain, based at the Airport of Barcelona-El Prat. It is one of the flight companies low cost more valued not only by Spanish passengers, but throughout Europe for the many offers and discounts it offers throughout the year. Here we have compiled the most frequent complaints and opinions from passengers about Vueling.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Vueling: information and destinations
Vueling Airlines, better known simply as Vueling, is a low cost airline Spanish, based in the Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia. Is property of International Airlines Group (IAG), founded by Iberia LAE and British Airways in 2011.
Its history dates back to July 2004, when it began operating as an independent airline. It was not until 2009, after its merger with Clickair, that it became dependent on Iberia. Since 2013, Vueling has been owned by IAG. Even though she was born as a conventional airline, was considered a company of flights after the bankruptcy of Spanair, its main competitor, in 2012.
Although its center of operations is the International Airport of Barcelona-El Prat (IATA code: BCN), also has secondary headquarters in other Spanish cities, including: Oviedo, Alicante, Bilbao, Gran Canaria, Madrid, La Coruña, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville, Valencia and Santiago de Compostela.
Su fleet It is made up of more than 100 aircraft of the Airbus A320 family, with an average age of 7 years.
The main destinations offered by Vueling (a total of 163) are in European territory, although it also has some routes to international cities. Below are the countries and cities within them for which flights are available depending on the departure airport:
- Germany: Munich and Sttutgart
- Belgium: Brussels
- Croatia: Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar
- Spain: A Coruña, Barcelona, Bilbao, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Mallorca, Menorca, Seville and Tenerife
- France: Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Paris and Rennes
- Greece: Kefalonia, Corfu, Kos, Mykonos, Preveza, Rhodes, Santorini and Zante
- Israel: Tel Aviv
- Italy: Catania, Florence, Lapedusa, Milan, Palermo and Roma (Fiumicino)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- United Kingdom (UK): Edinburgh, London and Manchester
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Switzerland: Geneva and Zurich
Vueling has a customer service both for reservations and for general information on flights, claims and other incidents, doubts about cabin and checked baggage, transport conditions, etc.
Vueling is a low cost airline like others at European level such as Ryanair o easyJet. As such, it offers a series of extremely low prices, but this can also bring with it a series of incidents, either when making a reservation or when boarding.
Some of the most common disadvantages and complaints of those who have already flown at least once with this airline are:
- Little space in the cabin: sometimes, the space destined for hand luggage in the cabin for each passenger is not respected when the flight is complete. This has led to cases of damage to the personal belongings of some users.
- Delays: air passengers are entitled to reimbursement or financial compensation in accordance with European regulations in this regard. However, there have been repeated cases of delays of 6 hours or more for technical reasons, in which case the passenger does not receive any compensation.
- Lost or damaged luggage / items: the maximum compensation for damage, breakage or loss caused to luggage amounts to a maximum of € 50 per piece, regardless of value.
- Unexpected changes: the airline reserves the right to modify the flight schedule when necessary due to special circumstances. In this case, the passenger receives a notification by email. There are many who claim their right to reimbursement, since sometimes the new date or time may not suit the needs of the passenger.
- Additional fees: if you want to change the date of your flight, you must pay an extra charge. Some passengers feel that this is more of a "penalty" than just another fee. In this link You can check the rates for all additional services on the flight (extra kilos, XL seat, etc.).
- Telephone 902: the customer service number is 902.808.005 and the ticket sales number is 902.808.022, which means that both are paid. The current price is € 0,91 / min from the fixed network and € 1,27 / min from the mobile network (taxes included).
It is worth mentioning that the cheapest rate, the Basic rate, it does not include almost any service compared to the Optima Rate or the Excellence Rate. One of the most notable drawbacks is that it does not entitle you to space reserved for your cabin luggage.
In case of experiencing problems with Vueling, the affected persons must keep all the documentation of the flight, as well as the expenses incurred as a result of the incident. These will be the roles that serve as receipt. You can also use Aena's complaint forms, which will notify Vueling of the case.
Yes, reserve seat You must pay an extra fee when booking the ticket. It is a charge that is charged per person and journey. However, it is not advisable to hire this service, since if at the time of boarding the flight is very full, you may be placed where the crew considers.
One of the most frequent reasons for flight cancellation is controller strikes. The high number of flights that this airline offers on a daily basis, especially to French and Italian destinations, means that these regularly affect Vueling passengers, especially in summer.
On the other hand, Vueling is one of the main European airlines thanks to the large number of routes it has. This is a great advantage compared to other conventional airlines. In addition, it has several destinations within the same country, as we have seen previously.
You must bear in mind that Vueling publishes promotions on its website for a limited duration, such as Vueling One Million Seats, valid until November 2016, in which flights could be booked from € 19,99.
We recommend planning your trip in advance and being attentive to possible offers. It is advisable to follow your account on social networks like Facebook to stay up to date.
Below we list the main services that you can benefit from with this airline:
Vueling Airlines offers numerous special discounts, such as the 24 + 1 promotion, aimed at groups 25 people: for the reservation of 25 seats, you pay only 24. The company has the service Vueling Groups, which offers a series of special conditions such as:
- Initial budget without last minute surprises
- Reservations include an assigned seat and suitcase of 23 kg maximum per passenger
- Online booking tracking
- Personalized customer service
Expired ID or passport
Another of the great comforts of choosing Vueling is that it accepts to travel with expired ID or passport up to 5 years for domestic flights.
This special condition is only accepted if the flight is to one of the following destinations: Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Holland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland.
You should know that Vueling also offers advantages for companies. From the area dedicated to them, it is possible to manage reservations in a comprehensive way, find exclusive rates and promotions, and access more than 100 destinations, both for direct and stopover flights.
If you travel for work, Vueling offers many facilities when requesting your invoice, be it for flights, seat selection, baggage check, VIP lounge reservation or flight change.
For this you just have to complete use this form and you will be able to receive it within 48 hours after the last leg of your reservation. Thus, for example, in round-trip cases, they will send it to you after the return flight.
Points to fly
When making a reservation with Vueling, you have the opportunity to accumulate points in two ways:
- Point Program: is the Vueling loyalty program. With this service, you can manage your account and the points you have just by providing your email. Using accumulated points is easy, as they can be exchanged for flights.
- Iberia Plus Program: given their membership of IAG, those who have the Iberia Plus card can also choose to accumulate Avios and Elite Points to later use them in Iberia services and the other associated companies.
Vueling Visa it is another of the advantages related to the points program. With this special card, you can get 1 point for every € 10 of your daily purchases, including cinemas, restaurants, gasoline, supermarkets, etc.
The first year is free, although from the second the holder must pay an annual fee of € 45 and the beneficiary another of € 35. In addition, it allows you to save the commission for paying by card that airlines usually charge for buying tickets online.
APP for mobile
Vueling has the application for smartphones Vueling mobile, available on the App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone and Mobile HTML. With it you can access the following amenities:
- Last minute information about the status of your flight
- Option to advance the flight with the rates Optima o Excellence
- Flight reservation and access to the service rent-a-car
- Check-in from the APP
- Management of your reservation: possibility of adding suitcases, choosing seats, changing flights, etc.
- Registration in myvueling: this is Vueling's intranet, from which you can buy more quickly and easily because it saves your data in a personal user account. In addition, add points that you can exchange for flights.
- Synchronization with Apple Watch y SmartWatch Sony 2
Second hand luggage
Vueling offers the possibility of carrying two packages of hand luggage per passenger. The measurements of the former must not exceed 55x40x20 cm, except for those passengers who fly with the Excellence Fare, for which a maximum of 14 kg is allowed.
The second package must be smaller than 55x40x20 cm. It is advisable to choose packages such as a backpack, small briefcase, women's bag, photographic or video camera, laptop, etc.
We strongly recommend that you respect the measurements of both packages, since the staff is very strict at the boarding gate. In fact, the airline reserves the right to cancel the reservation and deny boarding if the above requirements are not met.
Do not forget that, in accordance with the common regulations established by Aena, food can be transported in carry-on bags. For more information, you can visit the following article: Hand luggage at Vueling.
WiFi on board
Vueling is one of the few airlines that offer paid WiFi on board. This service, baptized with the name of Wifing, arises from its collaboration with Movistar.
It is a broadband connection that allows a download speed of up to 20Mbps. The connection works normally from the start of the flight to the landing.
According to the regulations, the connection could be disconnected only in case the aircraft needs to initiate a process of de-icing to avoid the accumulation of ice and snow on the surface, something common when flying under adverse weather conditions.
Travel with babies and children
Families traveling with babies and children (up to 2 years old) must necessarily check-in at the airport. In these cases, up to 2 extra pieces can be invoiced (including crib, pram or pram) at no additional cost.
The main advantage of Vueling when traveling with babies and children is that you automatically have priority boarding on all your flights.
In addition, it is allowed to take the stroller to the boarding gate. Once there, the airline staff will put a label on the car with your personal information to facilitate identification.
Strollers are considered “special luggage” and travel in the hold of the plane, together with checked luggage, at no additional cost.
Top photo by Eric Salard
Fecha: 29 / 11 / 2016
This article has been shared 70 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: