La moussaka, Musaka o moussaka It is a dish of Balkan origin that is also cooked in the Middle East and Greece. The Greek recipe is the one that has gained the most popularity around the world. A plate of moussaka has about 520 calories per serving and 31 g of fat, levels that can be reduced to 280 calories if we opt for a vegetarian moussaka.
Here is a list of the ingredients you need for 4 people. First, we show the ingredients to make the bottom layer or filling of this dish:
- 1 kg of aubergines
- ½ kg of minced lamb or beef
- 5 tomates
- 2 onions
- Fresh mint leaves
- Parsley leaves
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- Olive oil
- Sal Island
- Ground black pepper
With regards to top layer, you will need the following ingredients:
- Flour (XNUMXg)
- 200 g of grated cheese
- 1 Greek yogurt
- 50 g of feta cheese
- 1 egg
These are the steps you must follow to prepare a Greek moussaka:
- Cut the aubergines into 6-8mm slices and fry them in plenty of olive oil.
- Once fried, leave the slices on absorbent paper so that the oil soaks through.
- Next, add the minced meat to the oil left over from frying the aubergines and add the salt, black pepper, ground cinnamon and tomato, either crushed or cut into small pieces.
- When all this mixture has browned, remove from heat.
- Grease the baking tray or the container where the moussaka is to be placed and start to mount the first layer of moussaka with the eggplant slices on it.
- On this first layer, add a second layer of minced meat and tomato.
- Cover these two layers with the third and final layer: the top layer. In this layer you should mix the egg, feta cheese and Greek yogurt. It is possible to substitute this mixture for a traditional bechamel.
- Finally, cover the top layer with grated cheese.
- Put in a previously preheated oven and leave for 1 hour at 180ºC.
- Once baked, let it rest for about 30-40 min. In this way, it will acquire consistency and the layers will not break when you eat it.
Total time: 60 min approx.
This article has been shared 126 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: