The classic Greek salad, also known as horiatiki salata, is a sample of the freshness that characterizes the gastronomy of Greece. This fresh and healthy salad is one of the most popular in the East and one of its most typical variants is the one prepared in Turkey, where the ingredients are cut into smaller pieces.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Greek salad ingredients
La horiatiki salata It is an extremely simple dish to prepare, since few ingredients are needed for its preparation and, in addition, you do not have to cook any of them, just cut or chop them.
The time it takes to prepare it is about 10 minutes, although this time is estimated and will depend on the person who prepares it and the amount of ingredients you want to add.
Below we list the necessary ingredients for the preparation of a Greek salad for Per people:
- 100 g of ripe cherry or medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 small or medium sized cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small or medium red onion
- 250 g of Greek cheese (feta)
- About 20 olives calamata (Greek olives)
El dressing of the salad should be prepared separately and added once the previous ingredients have been prepared. Below we detail the necessary ingredients for a good dressing:
- ¼ cup of red vinegar
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Sal Island
These are all the steps you must follow to get a traditional-style Greek salad:
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into slices or, if we are using cherry tomatoes, cut them in half.
- Peel the cucumber and then cut it into slices. If desired, the slices can be cut in half to obtain smaller pieces.
- Chop or cut the pepper and onion in the shape of a ring.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes or shred it. It is also possible to leave it uncut or chopped.
- Once we have all the ingredients cut, we put them together in the same container with the olives.
- Finally, we add the dressing and mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve cold
For the salad to have an excellent flavor, it is recommended to prepare it with very ripe tomatoes and not very green cucumbers, so that they will be crisp. In addition, it can be served with toast or pita bread and white or rose wine.
This article has been shared 56 times. We have spent many hours collecting this information. If you liked it, share it, please: